The school was opened by Archbishop John Charles McQuaid in February 1958. In 2008, we celebrated Scoil Assaim’s 50th anniversary.
In the 1970s, there were over 1000 pupils in Scoil Assaim; most classes had 50-55 boys, imagine! Now our classes have 25–30 boys in them. The first Principal of Scoil Assaim was Mr. Ingoldsby; he was in charge from 1958 – 1978.